Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Confusion...

So a few years back we were trying to explain to Ezra that Christmas is actually about Jesus' birthday and NOT about Santa Claus (still working on that by the way), and Ezra decided that we can't really celebrate Jesus' birthday unless we have a birthday cake. Solid reasoning right? So, since that time, it has been a family tradition to have birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas Eve.

This year I was making the cake with Ki and he said, "Mom, that cake is for Jesus right?" I said it was, and he said, "and Jesus lives in my heart, right?" I said yes. Ki got this terrible look on his face and went quiet. When I asked him what was wrong he started crying and said, "Mom, I don't want you to cut me open and feed Jesus his cake. That would really hurt!!!"

My children are HILARIOUS...

2 comments:

Ryan and Sandra said...

This is SO cute! We do usually only make cakes for people who we plan to have eat it with us. Your boy has good logic skills! :) (And, hey! That WOULD hurt!)

Little Bird said...

So true!