Thursday, June 11, 2009

our life in a nutshell





We've had lots of "events" lately, and I know I am doing a terrible job of keeping the blog up-to-date... in an attempt to make up for it, here's a summary of our most recent actvities...
  • Ezra finished kindergarten and asked to spend the day golfing with daddy to celebrate--- Cody was happy to humor him. :)
  • Grandma and Grandpa Gascho bought 100 chicks, and we are attempting to help raise them... I'm wondering/worried about how the boys will react when it's time to take them to the butcher. I'm looking forward to the less expensive, organic, free range chicken this year... I guess I need to buy a freezer though.
  • The boys both played soccer this spring and it was hilarious. Ezra's getting pretty good for his age, and Ki... well, whenever the grass wasn't more interesting, he did fairly well. tee! hee!
  • I downloaded Skype yesterday so we can chat with friends who are far away... haven't used it yet. I'm hoping to get my parents using it.
  • Our foster care license FINALLY came through! We are now just waiting for a call...
  • Praxis continues to go well, and we continue to be exhausted and prayerful. Trying to discern God's will for us as we pursue this adventure.
  • We had our first campfire of the year tonight... mmmmm... smores....
  • My children are hooked on "Deadliest Catch." Ezra can name all the boats, their captains, and some crew members. I'm just thankful he hasn't asked why there's so much beeping when the men are talking. ;)
  • Ki is obsessed with the Styx song, "Mr. Roboto" and has an impressive robot dance to go with it.
I'm sure there's more, but I can hear Cody snoring in the next room and I can't think of anything else at the moment. Hope all is well with all of you!

2 comments:

Elissa said...

finally! i thought i was dreaming when i saw there was an update. =) totally kidding...you are so busy. love the chicks...interested to see how it all goes.

monica said...

I find it awesome that your boys love Deadliest Catch. I watch it every week. My husband often says "yeah baby" like Jonathon at any given time now.